Thursday, February 21, 2008

Dolls

I have always loved vintage dolls, toys, etc. I recently purchased this gem at an antique fair for $8. It is a 1920's "bed doll," and i love that she's tattered and looks like she was loved by her owner, or possibly many owners over the years.

Her hair must be human or horse, and its still styled!
I purchased the little (totally not P.C.) doll above at the first Antique show I ever went to when I was 10 years old with no clue about what this doll meant to many other people.
I love collecting iconic items, and I found a man that loves this stuff almost more than I do. Our collections take over the house!

We now live in Southern California and spend most of our time looking for the strange and occult, the weird and wonderful parts of this seemingly straight and narrow area, Orange County. Brian came across this amazing doll museum in Buena Park a few months back. It is part of a larger "amusement park" that has the most poorly kept and dangerous rides I've ever seen. But the doll museum was neat.

At this amusement park we also found the remains of what, in the 80's, must have been a Cabbage Patch "adoption center." My friend Amelia had told me about going to one of these as a kid, but I never thought I'd accidentally come across one myself!



No comments: